» Free Repair Estimates
Free Repair Estimates
Dealing with qualified Contractors and getting home repair estimates doesn’t have to be a challenge! While most homeowners dread the thought of dealing with a Handyman, Plumber, Electrician, HVAC Company or any other type of home improvement contractor, follow the simple guidelines below to be sure you’re treated fairly and get accurate, honest repair guidance every time.
- First principle! Never settle for just one quote!
Phone around and comparison shop, it’s the best way to be sure you are getting a fair market price.
- Always ask for business credentials!
Reputable. licensed contractors and home improvement companies must have a local business license and insurance. They should also have a guarantee scheme in place
- Ask amongst friends and family for referrals!
After all, who do you trust more than a family member or friend, who’s already used their services.
It is a well known fact that”word of mouth” is the best form of advertising for successful contractors.
They rely on their good reputation for work and seldom have to advertise, which can be a problem time-wise, in that they normally have forward work orders well in advance
- Second principle! Always Insist on a written price quote!”
Never, ever, take promises to complete certain things at face value.
If must be in writing to be legal!
You may well have in your minds eye what the work includes; but your contactor may hold a different point of view.
The sad thing is that when things go wrong, nine times out of ten neither party is purposely in error simply because nothing was written down on paper.
- Finally. Before a contactor calls, take a little time to jot down on paper the basic questions you need to ask to ensure your concerns are covered, but more importantly, exactly what you hope to achieve.
Run through them with the contactor. This way you will not miss anything which could lead to misunderstanding later.